Purpose & Goals
The Director’s Advisory Board is an esteemed group of high school guidance counselors who collaborate with the Office of Admissions on topics related to:
- Enrollment processes
- College transitions
- Student success
Members will examine university processes while offering suggestions for improvements based on the needs of current high school students, their families and the community at large.
Members serve a 2–year term.
- Enhance communication between high school guidance counselors and the Office of Admissions.
- Engage school counselors in the process of academic and admission policies.
- Provide an opportunity for counselors to discuss scholarship procedures, application processes, and education trends.
- Provide a forum for counselors to act as a liaison for their school districts and community.
Advisory Board Meetings will be conducted twice a year on the University of Nebraska–Lincoln campus.
These dates will include sessions for the counselors to speak with university representatives and attend special events across campus and the city of Lincoln.
- Fall – TBD
- Spring – April 26, 2016
Travel Amenities for Nebraska Counselors
Board members will be compensated for their travel costs. As a member, you will:
- Receive mileage to and from the event.
- If you live more than two hours from Lincoln, you will be compensated for lodging before and after the event.
- If you live less than two hours from Lincoln, a $40 stipend will be provided to you for your time.
- All meals will be covered throughout your duration on campus.
All travel arrangements are to be made with:
Ashley Clark, Assistant to the Director
Nebraska Advisory Board Members
Omaha Central High School
Gering High School
Marian High School
Scottsbluff High School
West Holt High School
Madison High School
Seward High School
Lincoln North Star High School
Lincoln East High School